5.31.2010

food, lovely food

Thai green chicken curry with onions, zucchini, green beans, green chiles, fresh Thai basil, and garlic. Everything is just simmered in a mixture of green curry paste, light coconut milk, chicken stock, fish sauce, and soy sauce.
Tonight Ricky wanted to grill brats and hot dogs, and so he asked me to make potatoes. Why potatoes? I don't know. He wanted me to make our favorite gratin, but I was short on time, so I came up with this instead. I just boiled and then mashed the potatoes with all of the gratin ingredients. Cream, parmigiana reggiano, rosemary, butter, garlic, salt, and pepper. How could it not be delicious? Then I sprinkled the top with more cheese and black pepper and out it under the broiler for about 10 minutes. Nice hybrid potato dish if I do say so myself.

Last night I went out with some people from work for Amanda's birthday. We had an awesome time. There may be some pictures posted soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment