3.11.2012

5k, decorating, and Indian food.

 Ricky got up early this morning, around 6:45, and walked/jogged a 5k on the beach as the sun came up. On the way home we stopped and got coffee. Nonfat latte for him, double tall half-caf skinny mocha for me. It's nice to start your day with that "I feel awesome" feeling.
Back at the house, it was cleaning/decorating time.
I moved the large picture hanging above our bed into the living room a few days ago, so it looked lonely up there.
This is what I came up with. I'm pretty happy with it, even though I suck at taking pictures of my house.
 We also pretty much finished the nursery, it just needs baseboards, and Ricky built a stand for our washer and dryer. 
We pretty much kicked ass today.
 At the amazingness that is TJMaxx, I found this cook book. 
I already have "the food of france" and I love it. This was $6. I love that damn place.

Tonight we had Murgh Masala, and it was pretty legit.
Cumin, coriander, garam masala, and turmeric rubbed chicken thighs simmered in sauce of pureed onions, garlic, ginger, tomatoes, and yogurt. Cinnamon sticks, cloves, and cardamom pods made this pretty exciting.
Served on basmati, naturally.
 I'm off to paint another table and then hit the hay.
Happy weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad TJMaxx is far enough away from me that I don't go very often or I'd buy too much. :} Your room looks great.

    Hope you're feeling well and doing well!

    ReplyDelete