5.09.2011

This...is... DINNER!

My foot is asleep and it's driving me crazy. Uuugggghhhhhhh.

That being said, let's talk about chow baby!

Sometimes I like to roast a whole chicken. I'd like to get in the habit of doing one a week, as they are delicious and provide nice little chicky carcasses for the making of stock.
This one was done pretty simply, just salt, pepper, and stuffed with a meyer lemon. I served it with a garlic baguette and leeks cooked with bacon. Mmmm bacon.

Bhindi Masala! Okra, tomatoes, garam masala, and other tasty spices all cooked down in vegetable stock. People who don't like okra confuse me.

This is pork belly!
I felt like this when I said that:
I'll bet Spartans like pork belly.
I braised it in a mixture of soy, yuzu, ginger, garlic, sriracha, and red chile, served it on jasmine rice, and topped it with scallions. It was amazing. The fat on the pork belly keeps the meat so soft, though I wouldn't dream of eating all of the fat! I just cut mine off, enjoyed the yummy pork, and thanked the fat for keeping everything so happy.

1 comment:

  1. ha ha ha ha. I'll bet Spartans LOVE pork belly.
    Also, people who don't like okra are crazy. It is delicious.

    ReplyDelete