5.30.2011

Chicken or Beef?

I haven't been on a plane in a while...
I love stir fry. I came home, looked in the fridge, pulled out some vegetables (thankfully Ricky had pulled out some chicken earlier in the day), and twenty minutes later there was food on the table. Easy Peasy.
Just a basic Thai curry with chicken, broccoli, carrots, coconut milk, red curry paste, and fish sauce over jasmine rice.
The next night I wanted to make beef. I rarely have a craving or urge to make beef, but this time I did. Filet Mignon (cooked perfectly, if I may say), boiled yellow potatoes tossed with salt, pepper, and butter, and some haricot vert. I sauteed some mixed mushrooms with a little cream, salt, and German-style seasoning mix to top the steaks. I once went to a Christmas market/festival in Maastricht, The Netherlands and ate these mushrooms on toast. They were the best things ever. These reminded me of those.
Go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment