5.30.2011

My new favorite

I know people who don't like to bake because it's messy, it dirties too many dishes, and so on. This chocolate cupcake recipe only uses one bowl. One bowl! It's like one of those terrible boxes mixes, only less...terrible. Right?
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart
3/4 cup Dutch process cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups AP flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp sea salt
2 organic eggs
3/4 cup very warm water
3/4 cup buttermilk
3 tbsp safflower oil
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
1 tbsp instant coffee powder (I use Starbucks VIA Italian Roast)
I wish I had more to write about this recipe, but I don't. Just sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda & powder, and salt. Then add the eggs, water, buttermilk, oil, vanilla, and coffee. Now you have cupcake batter! Fill your liners 1/2 way full, and bake for 19 minutes at 350. They're very soft, but take well to being filled. I've topped these with ganache frosting and swiss meringue butter cream so far, and both were delicious.
Happy cupcaking!

3 comments:

  1. Last week, I made the Magnolia Bakery chocolate cupcakes which are fabulous, but I'll have to try these MS ones. Mmmmm. Mine won't be anywhere as beautiful as yours though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound so easy and yummy! By the way, you have just about the cutest cake plate ever! So adorbs with the polka dot ribbon =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Magnolia Bakery! I'm sure yours will be lovely, Teresa, truth be told my only trick is a Wilton 1M star piping tip! =)

    Anne-Marie, I found this little cutie at TJMAXX for like 6 dollars! If you have one near you, it's a great place to find unique and whimsical serving pieces!

    ReplyDelete