12.29.2010

Christmas

I hope that everyone had a lovely Holiday. Ricky was deployed last year, so this was actually our first Christmas together in our new home. It was so wonderful to have him here, presents were just a bonus. ;)



One of my gifts was a beautiful Le Creuset set! I was shocked and thrilled, he did such a good job picking it out. Boy did it come in handy, too. On Christmas morning the bottom heating element on our stove overheated and literally melted in half. In half! Really?!?
So I made a lamb leg roast, asparagus, and potatoes in dutch ovens (and a grill pan) on the stove top. My lamb was a tad over, but other than that it was an awesome meal.
Dessert was another matter altogether. How can I bake?!
Well, only the bottom met it's demise that morning. The top element still worked, thus so did my broiler.
So I baked a Forelle pear tatin in the oven, on the lowest rack, with my broiler set on low.
Yup. That's a Christmas Booyah, if I do say so myself.

2 comments:

  1. Your tree ornaments look great (very cute!) and it's fantastic that you had the family together to experience all of your yummy cooking. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you thank you! Most of those ornaments were gifts from my whimsical M-I-L, so I have her to thank for my cute tree. =) Merry (belated) Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete