1.05.2011

Hmm...

The other day at work we got into a conversation about class.
Particularly in women. Particularly, where has it gone?
Seriously, I'm so tired of seeing 20-somethings who dress like Kesha and don't know a thing about anything. These little hipster brats who think that the only thing that matters in life is smoking cigarettes, wearing clothes from Urban Outfitters ("No way, I only shop at thrift stores"), and strictly buying music in vinyl.
(Don't get me wrong, I myself have a massive record collection, but I also understand that nobody f*cking cares about that crap.)
Why don't women want to be... women anymore? When did we start looking up to people like Paris Hilton and not Katharine Hepburn? On NYE I saw young women who were dressed like gothic prostitutes. It was terrifying. Depressing.
At some point you're going to have to grow up, Peter Pan. Peter Penny? Why does it all seem like dress up to me? Like someone used a little too much of her mommy's Lancome crayon kohl.
You look ridiculous.
Really, really, truly, ridiculous.

1 comment:

  1. Oui, madame.
    On a related note, this perpetual adolescence thing dragging on into one's thirties has got to stop (women AND men). Maybe re-embracing the idea of a private life would be a good move too. Somebody I met five minutes ago does NOT need to be telling me about the awful rash they have in their pants.

    ReplyDelete