11.12.2010

cookies, chicken, cheesecake, and interesting child palates.

Pistachio Cardamom Sugar Cookies. I used a teeny bit of rosewater in the dough. The combination of rosewater and pistachio reminds me of desserts at Indian restaurants, and that makes me happy.

Dinner last night was quick and simple. Rigatoni with chicken and broccoli in a garlic and white wine sauce. I made some garlic bread and that was that.
Dinner tonight! Ricky invited his friend Bobbie and her son Brandon over for dinner. I had no idea what to make, so I went with chicken. Chicken breasts (bone in, skin on) crisped in a cast iron skillet and then finished in the oven, seasoned with just salt and pepper. I also made wild mushroom risotto, green beans, and an arugula salad with a lemon vinaigrette. I swiped some balsamic vinegar reduction on the plate, and it was perfect with the chicken. To drink we had Gewurztraminer, the peppery notes were lovely with the arugula and the earthiness of the risotto.
My first cheesecake! Not the prettiest thing I've ever seen, but I'm proud of it.
Vanilla bean cheesecake with a little clementine zest. I love vanilla bean paste, and I use it in pretty much anything that calls for vanilla extract.
With melted chocolate on top, for Brandon. He's six. He ate everything on his plate at dinner, green beans and all. This was the only part of dinner he didn't like. Go figure!
For mine I dotted on some of the balsamic vinegar reduction. It was divine. I don't know what prompted me to eat my cheesecake with vinegar, but I'm glad I did.
I'm off to work out for the second time today (I skipped it yesterday) and go to bed. I open in the morning at work.
Oh! I got my hair cut today and I love it! My head feels about 2 pounds lighter.

1 comment: