11.10.2010

I missed my kitchen

Leek and potato soup with bacon and goat cheese.
Coconut cupcakes filled with...
...saffron pastry cream. Topped with coconut cream cheese frosting and toasted coconut.
Pretty much the most delicious cupcake ever. They're on display on the lovely three tiered cake stand that Chantal and her daughter gave me for my birthday. I love it!
Pork cutlets with mustard and mushroom sauce, served over spaetzle. On the side I made Brussels Sprouts, but I shredded them and cooked them in red wine and cider vinegar with some garlic and caraway seed. Awesome, and rather German tasting.
Chicken curry. I swear, we eat this at least twice a month.
Skirt steak with pepita salsa and homemade guacamole. Also, I'm playing around with different settings on my camera. I like this one!

2 comments:

  1. They ARE the best cupcakes in the world!!!
    which makes me sad that I missed them :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok. maybe a little over-dramatic... they are just my favorite. Not every cupcake makes you feel like you're biting into a cloud from heaven :D

    ReplyDelete