8.03.2010

People Suck.

I don't want to go too far into this.
I dated a guy, let's call him Scott, when I was in high school.
Once more, high school. I was 16, so this was 8 years ago.
Okay then.
Anyway, we had our ups and downs, as any overly dramatic high school couple does, and we broke up, as most high school couples do.
Forever ago, not a big deal.
Scott and I remained friends over the years, fell out of and back into touch with one another, calling or writing for an occasional, "hey, how has life been!" conversation.
Long story short, today I got a phone call from Scott's very sweet-sounding girlfriend. Long-term girlfriend, might I add. Apparently all the times he told me that she didn't care or take any issue with he and I still being friends, he was lying. She did care. For whatever reason, regardless of what was actually the case, she was uncomfortable with it. I can sympathize, I've been there.
And to me, her being uncomfortable should be reason enough to not talk to someone.
Instead, he told me that it wasn't an issue, and was lying to her about talking to me, telling her that he was talking to other people when he was talking to me, and taking phone calls and making phone calls to me in secret. I had no idea that this was the case. Seriously, for what? Why lie? I don't understand.
Believe you me, had I known that he was doing this, that would have been the end of our friendship.
If that weren't enough, he also told her some really hurtful lies about me as a person, concerning some very sensitive areas of my past.
I hate being on this side of an issue like this, and I hate that you think you know someone and then you find out that they are a fucking sociopath.
What's wrong with people? What in the hell is so terrifying or unappealing about just growing up?
Some people have no idea how they're hurting people until they turn around and finally see that they're all alone.

You want my advice 'girlfriend?' Get the hell out of there. He's a selfish, childish, pathological liar who has no idea how to have an adult relationship. You know what isn't getting out there? Staying with his family. Cut your losses and grow up, and move on with your life.
Because in all honesty, if he's been lying to you, being emotionally distant, and not telling you that you're pretty, that really just means that he doesn't fucking like you. At least not as much as you like him. You can't fix this guy, because he has no idea that there's anything wrong. I heard the things that he's been telling you, and trust me, none of that is the truth.
But you probably won't listen to any of this. You'll get back together, and waste more of your life with a guy who thinks that he can treat people however he wants, and who believes that "nucular" is a word.
Which makes you an idiot.

A single lie destroys a whole reputation for integrity
-Baltasar Gracian

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a suck situation. Spot-on-QOTD though, "Some people have no idea how they're hurting people until they turn around and finally see that they're all alone." Soooo true. Le sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does this happen to be the same 'Scott' I also dated and cut ties with years ago? If it is, he's such a creep and totally psycho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Scott" never seemed like a creep to me. So strange what you can't see on the surface. Poor now-girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a guy I dated after I left Clover Park, you two didn't know him, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You gave some terrific advice; I hope she'll listen to you.

    ReplyDelete