7.31.2010

Seriously.

Allow me to take a break from my usual blog topics to voice my opinion.
On women.
Now, I use the term loosely. I think it's far from being the best word to describe the sort of people I take issue with.
What's going on? I blame it on The Hills. I really do.
I get it, you're young, you're dumb, and you have places like Charlotte Russe providing your clothing. It's not like you stood a chance to begin with.
But honestly, doesn't it drive you crazy? These 18-25 year old girls who look like little clones of one another? You must know what I'm talking about. They all think they're really smart, they all dress the same, they ALL wear sunglasses no matter how bright it is or isn't outside.
"They all, like, uh, talk like thas?" With really long vowels and phrasing everything like a question?
OMG.
Like, O.M.G.
No, The Catcher in the Rye isn't the best book ever written. Yes, it's good, but trust me, once you're out of high school you'll read much more interesting literature. Give "The Flounder" buy Gunter Grass a try.
No, Fall Out Boy is not a good band.
No, Twilight is not, like, the greatest movie ever.
No, PacSun isn't somewhere that you should ever purchase clothing to wear out in public.
No, nobody cares how smart or cultured you think you are, nor are we impressed by it.
No, nobody is charmed by you acting stupid. Maybe you all are really just stupid, I don't know.
My point is, you're making us look bad.
OH! Please learn the difference between "your" and "you're."
For the sake of all that is holy.

3 comments:

  1. Those aren't women, those are girls. Women are individuals (for the most part) ;) I am apparently a woman who uses smiles to brighten conversations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you make everything brighter Brittany Cooley! And that's a good point. These are DUMB girls, not women.

    ReplyDelete