4.08.2010

I've been really bad about blogging lately.

Maybe it's because I've been working more, or maybe it's because now that Ricky is home I spend most of my downtime with him and not on the computer.
Either way, I have several days worth of photos to fit into one blog, so once again I'll be grouping them giving brief explanations. I'm lame.
-Food-
Pan fried flounder with risotto and braised fennel with peppers.
Caprese made with heirloom (Green Zebra) tomatoes.
Pad Thai made with chicken and gulf shrimp, minus the bean sprouts.
Quiche Lorraine (recipe from my new cookbook, "The Food of France," purchased at Williams Sonoma.
I added Swiss Cheese, even though a traditional Quiche Lorraine doesn't include it, because Swiss is tasty. Served with a salad of mixed greens and tomatoes, it was a lovely, light, Spring-time meal.
Ingredients for my delicious chicken marsala.
I added cream to my marsala sauce this time, and the results were fantastic. Chicken stock, cream, sweet marsala wine, mushrooms, butter, and prosciutto... what's not to love?
Broiled chicken thighs with fingerling potato oven fries and sautéed spinach.
I marinated the chicken in olive oil, lemon juice, and rosemary.
The spinach was a play on a delicious breakfast wrap from Starbucks! Catherine (a woman I work with) was telling me that she loves our Spinach Feta wrap so much, that she sautés fresh spinach at home with garlic, olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes, and feta cheese and serves it as a side. I decided to try it, but decided to leave out the feta. It was fabulous, thanks Mama Cat!

-Other Things-
Baby B being awesome, chillin' on the couch.
Another day on the beach.
This little guy created quite the stir. If you remember glaring bird from a previous post, this is one of her babies. He was sitting on the back porch, driving the dogs crazy. At first I thought he may be hurt, since the dogs were freaking out and he was just hanging out, but then he flew off into a tree, and later back into the bird house. Cuteness.
This is a picture that Ricky took of a bird trying his hardest to pull a piece of string off of the old swing set in the back yard. Ricky actually went out and took it down and draped it back over the post, and the bird came back and got it. For a nest, maybe? Or maybe he's in some avian version of a Strong Man competition. I dunno.
One last thing: Congratulations to Nick and Brittany Cooley, who just found out that they're expecting their first baby!

1 comment:

  1. Your food always look incredible! Dh makes delish meals, but his plating is not nearly as gorgeous as yours is. Love the bird photos too!

    ReplyDelete