4.06.2010

Let's group these by category, shall we?

Let's begin with pretty things, yes?
The sunset over the lake behind my house, as seen by Ricky in the kayak.
Making our way out to Navarre Beach today.
Seagull, taking a stroll. They don't want to fly all the time, you know.
Emerald waves.
Seashell naval adornment from a rather risqué position.
A beautiful photo I took of a gull flying over head. I love the way the sunlight comes in from the side of the frame.

Now on to food.
Saturday: I worked 11.5 hours at The Bucks, and came home to find that Ricky had made dinner. London Broil with onions, mashed potatoes, and salad. The leftover marinade cooked down into a lovely au jus.
Sunday: Birthday cake for Grace. My second time working with fondant, and first time with royal icing. A four layer chocolate cake with vanilla bean buttercream is under all that prettiness.
Sunday night: My recipe for cashew chicken (now a family favorite all the way to Washington) served this time in lettuce. Spicy and light, very satisfying for a warm Spring day when you don't feel like doing anything but heating a wok.
Monday: Grilled tuna steaks and grilled asparagus. The blob of green goodness is just a basic gremolata, made with Meyer Lemons.
Tuesday (tonight): Homemade pizza with onions, mushrooms, prosciutto, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, and sliced tomato. I just seasoned some crushed San Marzano tomatoes for the base, and finished them with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
My uncle will be here tomorrow, I haven't seen him since I was a teenager. I'm really excited, and I need to get my house in order tonight so that I don't feel frantic in the morning.
Goodnight all.

1 comment:

  1. These pics are awesome. The 1st one is my favorite. I have this strange desire to drink it... Anyway, how have you been lately? good, I hope?

    ReplyDelete