4.24.2010

It's like having my own diner. Except I do all the work and nobody pays me...

So the other night I made meatloaf.
I'm afraid of meatloaf. It sounds weird, it looks weird, and there is a lot of random stuff involved.
I kicked meatloaf's A.
For serious.
Beef and pork, buttermilk, breadcrumbs that I made fresh from butter croissants, parsley, egg... wrapped in bacon. Peppered bacon. Served with homemade Vidalia onion gravy, mashed potatoes, and broccoli. I should seriously start making dinner, and then giving Ricky a bill, hahaha. This could easily fetch $12 at a diner.
Today was my day off, and I started it in the best way!
Julia and Jacques was on PBS!
They made lots of shellfish, and it was awesome.
Then I used my kitchen motivation to craft this tasty little bugger.
It's a rhubarb tart with red wine caramel.
Red. Wine. Caramel.
Yes, yes, it was as amazing as it sounds, don't even ask. Served up with some cinnamon whipped cream, it was bliss. Ricky had seconds, and he's not even a sweets guy.
Happy belated Earth Day everyone! How did you celebrate? I transplanted my tomatoes, and then got dressed up and had drinks with some of the fabulous ladies from Starbucks. I'm sure that somewhere in the world, it is customary to celebrate Earth Day with a martini.
Of the three places we went, 600 South was my favorite.
I'm taking Ricky there tonight, and afterwards we're going to watch my boss's band, Schofield, play at the Pensacola Fish House. Should be a good time. It would be even better if I didn't have to work 6-3 tomorrow.
Have a great Saturday night everyone! ♥

2 comments:

  1. Back when we grew rhubarb, I never actually made anything with it, but now that we don't have it anymore, I have found tons of recipes for it that I want to try. So, that will be my veggie pick to grow next year.

    I don't remember what we did for Earth Day, but upon reading many other ppl's lists for things to do on ED, I realize that we already do nearly all of those every day, so I guess I'm off the hook. ;)

    BTW, have you ever modeled? I can't remember if I've said this before, but you are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the compliment, nobody has ever asked me that before! *blush*

    I love rhubarb, but I'm afraid to try and go something like that... don't know why...

    ReplyDelete