4.25.2010

Goodbye Weekend

So for dinner last night I made pork chops seasoned with herbes de provence and red pepper flakes, along with some green beans and wild mushroom polenta. The whole meal came together in less than 25 minutes, it was awesome. This was probably my favorite pork chop dinner to date.
As promised, here are pictures of my garden. It's my first time planting anything, so there isn't much to show. But I'm excited, nonetheless.
Thai Holy Basil. Smells like heaven.
Cucumbers, cayenne peppers, thyme, jalapenos, basil, oregano, strawberries, eggplant, tomatoes, zucchini, and yellow squash. Oh, and random carrots. I didn't think the carrots would grow (they were the only thing I bought in seed form) so instead of doing it right, I just threw them into the garden, literally. Turns out they took. So they're kind of all over the place. Ha.
Look at the yellow squash go!
The squash plants are huge. I actually started out with four, but two didn't make it. I'm sort of glad, since these two are almost taking over the garden.
Here are the dogs, not digging a hole in the yard?
No really, definitely not digging a hole.
Just watching something... over here...
These are growing all over my back fence. Blackberries? Anybody know?
I'm picking up Braden all this week, so I'm going for easy, quick, very few dishes involved meals. Tonight I made my Moroccan chicken. It was a success, naturally. I can't wait to make it with zucchini from my garden!

I'm starting another Jillian Michaels DVD this week. Her yoga one... I have about 10-15 pounds that I still want to lose. I'm down to a size 4 now. I've honestly never been a size 4 in my entire adult life, it was a really exciting jeans purchase. =)
I think if I combine the yoga with the 30 Day Shred and continue to eat well, the weight should come off easily. I'm looking forward to it, especially because I'll be in Key West in three weeks!
Right then, I'm off to bed! Goodnight!

3 comments:

  1. Probably blackberries! They grow wild in Florida and are really good in pie! Your garden looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The surest way to tell is after you pull the fruit off the plant: if the center (where it was attached to the plant) is hollow (i.e. the center stays with the plant), then it's a black raspberry. If the center of the berry is solid, then it's a blackberry.

    Your garden is looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredibly useful piece of advice! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete