3.29.2010

Not Quite Cacciatore

Busy day! After work I had lots of vegetables to plant, scads of laundry to do, and two workouts to fit in. By the time Ricky was home I had totally spaced on dinner, all I had was some chicken thawed out. So I threw this together.
Chicken in a sauce of bacon, red bell pepper, onion, garlic, tomatoes, and red wine over whole grain rotini along with some sautéed zucchini. Not bad for last minute!
I just finished up these little lovelies!
Yeah, so I make short pastry from scratch and fill it with homemade Meyer lemon curd at 10 pm on Monday nights, what of it?
There's something seriously wrong with me.
The lemon curd is some of the best I've ever had. I've never made it myself before, but this was super simple. With the Meyer lemons being offered at the grocery store, I thought it was about time to give curd a try. Meyer lemons, egg yolks, sugar, and butter. And elbow grease.
Recipe to follow shortly on Ever So Sweet.
I'm off to bed. Goodnight interwebs!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that lemon pastry looks incredible! You made it from scratch? Yum!

    Also, looking over your 'currently reading' books - they're literally ALL on my list to read! =))

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lemon pastry was so simple. Just a basic short pastry and Meyer lemon curd, that's it! Each took about 30 minutes to make, and then it chills for 2 hours. I can't wait to try them with key lime curd or orange curd... mmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, this isn't the same as the lemon tart recipe that you have on Ever So Sweet (Jan. 6th), is it?

    ReplyDelete