3.28.2010

Tea cupcakes, Mexican food, and spider cat

This, my friends, is a stiff peak.
It is important to achieve stiff peak status when making, say, Earl Grey meringue icing for some vanilla bean lavender angel food cupcakes.
A-like these.
Some big, some small, all adorable and delicious.
These were a snap to make, as was their egg-whitey icing. I'll be posting the recipe soon at Ever So Sweet.Dinner tonight was... awesome.
Skirt steak with my homemade salsa with pepitas, queso fresco, peppers, onions, and mushrooms, and our favorite Mexican beverages, Negra Modelo and Horchata.I finally found a pre-made Horchata that I love! Rice Dream Traditional Horchata. I don't know if this quart will make it through the night.
Now I just need to do dishes, work out, shower and do my hair, vacuum, do some reading and then go to bed! Sheesh!
I leave you with this:
Spider Cat, Spider Cat
Does whatever a Spider Cat does
Can she swing
From a web?
No she can't, cause she's a cat
Look ooooouuuuttt
it's Spider Cat.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Your cat is hilarious, and such a cutie too! I was fooled for a second: I though you had the photo sideways. ;)

    I'd never heard of Horchata before; must Google it.

    Mmmm, your cupcakes look wonderful! I made a banana-pecan cupcake yesterday with a recipe from Martha's Cupcakes book, and it was very tasty, but my frosting job leaves something to be desires. :)

    ReplyDelete