1.31.2010

Sunday breakfast and some sushi pictures.

I wanted a smoothie this morning. I don't own a blender. I do, however, own a food processor. I used that instead and didn't have any issues.
I haven't made a smoothie in I don't know how long, but I have this protein powder that is disgusting on it's own. It needed some friends and a trip to a food processor.
I started with a banana (organic and free trade certified, of course).
I also added 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter, a dash of vanilla extract, plain soy milk, 1 scoop of the chocolate flavored whey protein, and some ice.
It was amazing. I just might make another one for lunch. Before anyone thinks, "It's SO bad to just have a smoothie for lunch, blah blah blah" keep in mind that this thing has about 405 calories.

The Slippery Mermaid! On Thursday, Brittany, Bethany, and I went out for sushi. Bethany sent me the pictures this morning (I had forgotten my camera) and now I'll share them here. Some of them are blurry and I'm sorry, but it isn't the sort of place for repeated photo taking.
My plate:
Merry Mermaid (background) - Scallops, shrimp, bacon, scallions, and spicy mayo inside; outside smoked salmon.
Psycho Mermaid (foreground) - Shrimp tempura roll topped with spicy baked crab salad and drizzled with eel sauce.
Brittany's plate:
(look how happy she is!)
Dixie Roll (background) - Tuna, bacon, cream cheese, topped with spicy mayo.
Dragon Roll (foreground) - Spicy tuna, cucumber, and tempura crunch inside; tuna, avocado, eel, tobiko, spicy mayo and red chili sauce outside.
Bethany's plate:
Raider Roll- Seared steak and avocado. Fish? No. Delicious? Yes.
We all shared our rolls, and had some edamame before our entrees. I love this place. And these girls!

2 comments:

  1. Stop making me hungry!

    The idea of a smoothie made me want to drool - I've been dying for one, but haven't gotten to the store (after naptime, I swear!) and I'm out of yogurt and most of my fruit. Yours looks yummy, but I prefer mine loaded with fruit and a little bit of vanilla yogurt for protein and consistency.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sushi looks fabulous! Now I'm craving smoothies AND sushi, which is a little odd. :-)

    ReplyDelete