1.31.2010

Snacky dinner. Cute puppies. Cold lizard.

Today wasn't a hungry day. For dinner I had a couple of steamed baby artichokes with some tasty sauce I made with mayo, creme fraiche, salt & pepper, and lemon juice...
... and a BLT! I can't remember the last time I had one. Jewish Rye bread (what can I say?) with romaine lettuce, fresh tomato, and Applegate Farms organic bacon. Applegate Farms is great, their smoked bacon is uncured and has no added nitrates. Their pigs are fed a vegetarian diet and aren't treated with antibiotics or growth hormones.
Here are some obligatory pictures of the Westies. You're not tired of them yet, are you?
=)
Maggie being terrifying!
Malo being pathetic.
There was a very cold and miserable looking lizard on my porch. I almost wanted to bring it inside, but then I remembered that they are outside every night, and they seem to be doing fine. Poor Bill. Not that this lizard had anything to do with a chimney. I don't even have a chimney. Alice in Wonderland? Anyone?

I did my grocery shopping today and got some great things. Be on the lookout for blogs involving shrimp, calamari, filet mignon, leeks, and other assorted fabulousness.

1 comment:

  1. artichokes! that's what I forgot to check out at the store . . . the produce wasn't the nicest this week though. :-( Love artichokes. My mom and I used to make our own sauce for them with mayo and Newman's Own oil and vinegar.

    I'm sure the lizard would rather be outdoors than indoors with the pups. :-) We had one make his way indoors here and Gloria got ahold of him. Lucky for them, their tails grow back! Had to help the poor guy escape back outside!

    ReplyDelete