12.27.2009

Dear Jillian Michaels

You are hurting me. My abs hurt and my butt is killing me. I know that you mean well, but you yell at me and it makes me afraid. Sure, you are doing a great job, I've lost nearly 19 pounds and 6 inches total, but you make me feel like you're going to come through the TV and scream in my face.
Rethink your approach, perhaps?
Gratefully,
Nissa Powell

Also, a few reasons why I like working out.
1. It makes me thinner, obviously
2. It helps my mood. I've struggled with pretty serious depression most of my adult life, and exercising daily really makes a difference.
3. It makes my skin better. I had mild acne for a long time, and it's practically a non-issue now.
4. It makes me feel accomplished, every day.
5. I swear it's making my hair shinier, but that's probably the diet change.
6. I sleep so much better.
7. It makes me feel about 100 times sexier than I did before I was this active.
8. I can do real push-ups. More than one! Enough said.
9. It makes me feel like I'm in control of something in a time where so many things are out of my hands.
10. It's helping my yoga, as odd as that sounds.

1 comment:

  1. 19 pounds and 6 inches is an amazing accomplishment, congratulations! The benefits of working out are amazing, aren't they? I think my favorite is a tie between great sleep and feeling much happier. Glad to hear you are achieving your goals, even if Jillian Michaels is a little scary. ;-)

    ReplyDelete