12.30.2009

crab people

I did not have an excellent day today.

To cap off my fabulous day, I came home to find that Maggie had chewed apart the heels of two of my shoes, both from different pairs. Awesome.
Then when I went to let her in from going potty in the backyard, I found her gnawing on a dead bird.
Come on!

Okay, on to better things. Tonight for dinner I made myself some spicy cashew chicken, and it was awesome.
The sauce: soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ketchup, sriracha, garlic, ginger, 1 sliced green chile, red pepper flakes, water, and cornstarch.
Tip* When I put garlic and ginger in a sauce, I don't chop them, I grate them on my Microplane. It creates a nice paste that dissolves into sauces much better and imparts a very strong flavor.
The veg: celery, carrots, and mushrooms.
Chop chicken breasts into small pieces. Dredge in flour seasoned with pepper, then toss them into a hot wok with 1 tbsp canola oil. Let chicky brown, then add your veg, and cook until just a little soft. Add raw, organic cashews. Then toss your sauce into the wok, allow it to start bubbling, then turn off the heat and stir until nice and thick. Serve over rice!
I put green onions on mine, and I bet sesame seeds would be tasty too.
Massive apology for the terrible photo. For dessert I had a few spoonfuls of that fabulousness that is Talenti Gelato, this time in coconut. Bliss.
Speaking of fabulousness, how gorgeous is this clip?
Laura Kranitz Mara Hairclip - $50.00
at 80's Purple.

I've already done my workout for the day, but I'm in the mood for another one. I made dinner really early tonight, in hopes that it will help me sleep better. We'll see.

I miss Ricky.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you had such a crappy day on Wednesday...not a nice way to end the year. I hope you're having a much nicer 2010! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Teresa. Yeah, some people are just jerks. The bad part is that I still have to work there! Ah well.

    Happy 2010 to you!

    ReplyDelete