12.29.2009

Work is bad for waistlines

For serious, yo.
I swear they order pizza nearly once a week for lunch at my work. Not just pizza, but somehow it always seems to be a pizza I would like to eat. It's hard to resist the temptation to just have one piece, but when I think about the fact that since they get extra cheese and more than one meat, that one slice can have upwards of 350 calories! Today for lunch, forgoing the pizza, I went across the street to Publix and ended up with a small spinach salad with bell peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots, and cucumbers, 1/3 of a fruit cup that contained pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, and cantaloupe, and 1 hard boiled egg. I put a tiny squirt of light Asian Sesame dressing on my salad, and had a bottle of water with my lunch. No way am I going to sabotage my weight loss for a slice of greasy pizza.
I'm really diggin' this not feeling like crap after I eat thing.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like everything's working out well for your plans. =)

    It's great to feel like that, isn't it? I started feeling that way after I cut out most of my daily sugar 4-5 months ago, albeit after I felt like crap for about a week. *haha* The point is, it was a worthwhile change and I feel 100x better now than I ever did then. But, that's also thanks in part to the workout regimen I've diligently held for the last 4 months. Now if I could just fix my sleep issues. <_< Maybe more Yoga.

    Anywho, keep up that willpower and you'll reach your goals in no time, figuratively speaking. =D

    ReplyDelete