10.17.2009

candle flavors and a sleeping kittle

Do you ever smell something and think, "that would probably taste good, too."
That usually happens to me whenever there are candles around, and this time it was a Vanilla Lime one by Yankee Candle.

I've been meaning to make some lime curd, as lemon curd is delicious and I love limes... it made sense. Then I thought that vanilla and lime smells good, so it ought to taste good as well. I gave it a shot. I added some vanilla bean paste along with the butter, and some green food coloring to distinguish it from the lemon curd in the fridge, as lime juice is surprisingly similar in color to lemon juice. It hasn't set up yet, but once it does I'll share a photo of the finished product.


Oh, yeah, so this is how my cat sleeps. She's weird, she's named Gojira (Jira for short) after Godzilla. It's a long story.

No comments:

Post a Comment