9.20.2009

Campbell's and Curry?

Oui!
So at Cost Plus World Market, I met a man who gave me a recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala. I was skeptical, but I went home and tried and holy crap! Delicious!
Here it is, once again, devoid of proper measurements, as that is how I roll.
1 can (undiluted) Campbell's Tomato Soup
Fresh garlic
Fresh ginger
Ground coriander
Garam masala
Cumin
Turmeric
Paprika
Sliced yellow onion
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts

Season your chicken with some garam masala and coriander. Grill in a grill pan until no longer pink. In a large non-reactive dish, combine soup and all other ingredients. Cube chicken, add to curry paste, and let sit in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes. Then throw everything into a non-stick skillet and cook on medium until heated through, adding a little chicken stock to thin it out a bit.
Serve with Basmati and Naan. I make my basmati by bringing 2 cups of water, 2 tbsp butter, and a pinch of saffron or turmeric to a boil, then adding 1 cup of Basmati. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and let cook for 22-28 minutes.
It's crazy... the soup gives the sauce the right consistency, color, sweetness, everything. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment