9.20.2009

Fun Filled Sunday

Okay, so my idea of a fun filled Sunday may not be the same as yours, but it was fun, none the less. Today was lovely! We went to Barnes and Noble, something I rarely do anymore but always enjoy. I picked up a copy of A Year in Provence, by Peter Mayle, and also The Namesake, but Jhumpa Lahiri (Indian author!) There's something so relaxing about browsing a bookstore and drinking a warm Pumpkin Spice Latte. Ricky and I have decided to make it a Sunday tradition.
Then we went to Cost Plus where I picked up some small spice jars. I needed something to keep spice blends in, since I make my own Ras el Hanout, Garam Masala, Baharat, Herbes de Provence, Chinese Five Spice, and Curry Powder. It's so much easier to just make a whole batch and jar it, rather than make it for each recipe. If anyone is interested in the recipes, just comment this blog and I'll go ahead and post them.

I also picked up a couple of bottles (they were on sale!) of Mrs. Meyer's Pet Oxygen Stain Remover. I haven't seen this on the website, but it seems promising, and it's clary sage chamomile scented, to boot. With Maggie, I feel like we'll always have a need for stain remover, and it's so much better to use something environmentally friendly, oui?
While purusing the aisles of Cost Plus, I met an Indian man from England who used to be a chef! What luck! He saw me eying the curry pastes, then struck up a conversation about Indian food, and gave me his Tikka Masala recipe! I'm making it tonight, I'll post the recipe later along with a taste ruling.

2 comments:

  1. ooooh, I'm jealous! I miss Barnes and Noble so much!!! (have I mentioned how I DESPISE this town??) They have such a great kids section and I love letting K loose to look at all the books while I sip coffee and browse. (and - where are you when I need good decaf lattes?!?!?!)

    ReplyDelete