9.28.2009

Bethany came over for dinner!

Tonight Bethany came over to eat, get baby gifts, and be merry. I made spicy baked chicken strips (dipped in hot sauce and breaded with panko) homemade macaroni and cheese (first time!) mashed potatoes, and green beans.
Tasty! And so "Blue Plate Special!" Haha.
About thirty minutes after dinner, Bethany said something along the lines of "I love carrot cake." Sooo I took that as an invitation to whip up a batch of carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting! Mixes be damned! Totally from scratch and done in less than half an hour!

1 comment:

  1. you know-- I've seen homemade mac & cheese made so many times I could probably teach a class on it-- but yet somehow, I've never made it myself. I think I will have to try it sometime. (I'm a yankee. I tend to forget it exists. :)

    ReplyDelete