9.27.2009

Bon Dimanche!

Today we went to Barnes and Noble again, which is fast becoming my favorite way to spend a Sunday morning. I am, by the way, "Lisa" when I go to the Barnes and Noble cafe.

I picked up a copy of "a long way gone, memoirs of a boy soldier" by Ishmael Beah. It sounds terrifying and sad, but I really want to read it. I think child soldiers are one of the greatest tragedies of our time, and it doesn't get enough attention.

I also found this beautiful cookbook! It's full of Moroccan, Turkish, and Lebanese recipes! I'm so excited, it has a recipe for preserved lemons, which I have so far been unable to find down here.

Tonight I made quesadillas with ground turkey, black beans, corn, onions, and queso fresco. I'd post the recipe but I think that a list of ingredients is sufficient, as quesadillas are pretty dang easy to figure out.
Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Beah's memoir is an eloquent, but difficult read (emotionally), for certain. You'll be glad you read it, as there's hope within it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I go to Starbucks I am Josh, Brayden is Danger, and my cousin Zeb is Jeb, but not by choice.

    ReplyDelete