5.24.2009

Pachyderms and Cupcakes

I just recently finished the novel "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen. I highly recommend it, the ending was fabulous, and it was the first book in a while to make me cry. I loved it. The characters were real and accessible, the story was heart wrenching... you really feel involved. A young man who faces a family tragedy, leaves Cornell, joins a circus, falls in love and saves an untrainable eastern european elephant. I love literature that paints pictures, and reading this book was like watching it all happen in my mind, like a film. It is beautifully written, and curiously well done for being written by a woman but from a man's perspective.

Today I stumbled (thank you internet) upon the site I Love Cuppacakes. Stupid name, yes, but they have these!! I want to make them all, and they look so easy!




No comments:

Post a Comment