5.25.2009

Photographs of my new home, for those who were interested

So, in 12 hours Ricky and I will officially be homeowners. How exciting! Words cannot express how I cannot wait to paint this house! Oh! And replace every hideous light fixture!
Also, today will probably be my last day at work. I'm overcome with a strange and unexpected sadness... this was the first thing I had that was "mine," and it wasn't even mine... I had to deal with the backwards idiocy of working for the military... not to say anything bad about the military, it's just that the civilian side is just one big headache... I worked at a coffee shop, and my bosses were people who said "expresso"... catch my drift?
Either way, I put my heart into this place. I watched it transform over this 1.5 years, and I'm happy with the outcome. It took alot of work, and the worst part is that I have a whole staff of brand new employees, none of whom saw me breaking my back trying to fix things, change things, find loopholes, re-do costcards, convince public health that we don't make food and therefore don't need to wear hats, got us out of our old "mechanic" uniforms and into T-shirts and aprons, changed our weekend hours, created real training manuals, ordered our second machine, expanded us from THREE (yes, three) syrup flavors to nearly twenty, got us a chalkboard after a huge battle about neon green markers and a glass board, challenged the health department after their STUPID girl tried to fail us (they re-inspected, and we were fine) changed all of our decor and chairs from hard wooden ones to soft upholstered armchairs after literally yelling at the idiot "interior designer" about how she was not, in fact, a designer at all, buying our new cups and cleaners and soap/lotion, dish soap, espresso cups, and shakers with my own money... the list goes on. So, like I said, none of them saw any of this, and so I feel that maybe they don't respect what I've done here, and I'm almost glad to go. I don't want to feel glad to go. I miss Brittany.

No comments:

Post a Comment