9.04.2011

Some dinner recaps and busy Sundays

 Chicken and broccoli stir-fry with green beans, carrots, onions, and cashews over rice.
Pork chops over polenta with apples and onions.
Chicken cacciatore over porcini mushroom and lemon risotto.
Delicious, and incredibly simple. This would make a great crock-pot meal, if I owned a crock pot. Chicken thighs, tomatoes, onions, red peppers, and wine. I made mine a little different by adding a little saffron and smoked paprika. I think the smokey flavors worked really well with the chicken and the earthy mushrooms in the risotto. 
Today I'm finishing up a few dozen cupcakes for a friend's daughter's birthday party, then going to Bethany's birthday dinner in Destin. 
Which means I have to go get ready.
Which means I have to stop watching Serenity and get off the computer.
Happy Sunday! Hope your Labor Day Weekend weather is better than the crap happening here in Florida!


No comments:

Post a Comment