8.28.2011

White Water Rafting on the White Salmon River

Last November Ricky and I went to Costa Rica for his birthday. We met Kristin and Peter Rubalcava at our hotel, and quickly became friends, spending some time together on the beach, going to dinner in town, and hanging out in the common area of the hotel. We exchanged contact information and have kept in touch over the past year. They are some of the nicest people I've ever had the privilege of meeting. They heard that we were coming to Washington, and invited us to their home near Portland, Oregon and on a rafting trip with their family. People we've only met once! That's just how friendly and open-hearted they are. Of course we agreed, and had a great time visiting with them. Such a small world. Such good people in it, too.
Whatever, nobody looks good in a helmet.
I look worried... I wasn't really, I swear!


We had so much fun!
I miss the Northwest so much already!

1 comment:

  1. It was our pleasure to have you and we consider the two of you "a treasure" we found while in Costa Rica! XO and Voodoo Donuts!

    ReplyDelete