5.22.2011

Wedding

I went to a wedding today. It was for the son of a good friend of mine, and it was lovely.
I wasn't able to find a good picture of my dress online, the one on Dillard's was a .gif and wouldn't upload to blogger. Dumb.
My dress was a bright yellow Antonio Melani (just a brand at Dillard's) sleeveless number, it was a gift from Ricky. Loud, yes, but a good cut and an appropriate style for a wedding. It's hard for me to find dresses that fit well, especially after my surgery! I had to get the saleswoman to take the size 4 off of the mannequin! I hate it when women dress they're going clubbing or something. It's a wedding. If you wore a J.Lo wannabe dress to my wedding I'd kick your butt out. Also, there is a right and wrong way to get out of a car wearing a skirt. Just so we're all clear.
These are the shoes I wore! Also from Dillard's, they're Jessica Simpson (hate her music, love her shoes) and the color really worked with the yellow dress. They're about 4.5 inches high, but the covered platform makes them very comfortable for their height. And less than $100! My mani and pedi matched them, and I also had a heather grey shrug to wear when I got chilly. My very talented friend Brittany did my eye makeup. All in all it was a pretty dandy outfit if I do say so myself.
=)

1 comment: