3.26.2011

I miss my kitchen. Blah.

Beef shanks braised in red wine, crushed tomatoes, onions, garlic, and herbs, along with the most amazing risotto I've ever made. Basic risotto (white wine, onion, arborio rice, chicken stock) with asparagus, peas, and truffle oil. I want to make a giant pot of this and eat it for days. OH WAIT I can't hold my arms up that long. Lame.
Chipotle rubbed pork tenderloin with yellow rice and a black bean avocado salad. Best black beans ever.
Poultry burgers (a mix of ground chicken and turkey) with mushrooms, avocados, heirloom tomatoes, and red onions on an onion bun.
Rice noodles with grated carrots and zucchini in peanut sauce.
My day home from surgery food! Ricky made green chile stew. I love this, this time he made it with pork instead of beef, and it was delicious!

3 comments:

  1. Nissa, your risotto looks amazing. We just learned the risotto technique in school and I feel the same about being able to eat it everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maryann! I love risotto, it's so easy to jazz up once you have the basics down. I love it with spring vegetables, or wild mushrooms. Once I added some soft French cheese, it was beyond words. How is Culinary School going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. School is amazing, im done in the kitchen and now moving on to the catering and front of the house aspect of it. I am really excited, I graduate in June but will be finished in August.

    ReplyDelete