2.05.2011

Chili!

I've never made chili before, but I was having people over for dinner and did that thing where I make something completely new to me because it somehow...eases?... the stress of having house guests. I don't know why I do this, it's dumb and I should stop.
Homemade fried tortilla strips, thanks for the idea Grandma!
My chili was the bomb dot com. Cubed chuck, jalapeno, poblano, tomatoes, onion, garlic, and a homemade chili spice blend with chipotle, ancho, New Mexico red chile, Mexican oregano, cumin, and coriander seed. I set up a toppings bar so people could just dress their own. Mine has raw onion, green onion, jalapenos, black olives, cilantro, and queso fresco.
Dessert was simple chocolate souffles with orange blossom whipped cream.
Just cream, sugar, orange blossom water, and orange zest.
How good is orange and chocolate? I want a chocolate orange milk shake. Someone make that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment