11.05.2010

CR♥

A really big centipede. I love bugs! Except dragonflies, as we all know.
so many monkeys!
Baby two toed sloth. It looks like a baby Yoda.
Whassa matta?
I don't know how many of you know this, but sloths are my favorite animals of all time. You couldn't hold the three toed guys, but this little two toed sloth was wrapped up in a blanket and she was perfectly content to lay in your arms and look around.Sloths are amazing animals. They're prehistoric, and there are only 6 varieties. They have no close relatives, and the next closest critters to them are armadillos and anteaters. Pretty fascinating, read about them here.
A hollow tree trunk in the rainforest at Cahuita National Park. How cool that there is a new plant growing inside?
Almond trees were everywhere, and so gorgeous
Almonds! I'd never seen them like this, so cool!
Me holding a very large grasshopper. I also ate a termite, at the suggestion of our guide, but I don't have a picture of that. I'm fun on trips. =)
Crab eating raccoon!
One of my favorite lizards, the Basilisk. They run on water, giving them the nickname "Jesus Lizard."
We're back in Florida, where it finally feels like Autumn. It's nice to be home, and to have our pets back. I miss CR already though, and I can't wait to go back!

2 comments:

  1. lol, I remember our little Marine Biology trip we took camping in school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great vacation photos! You're brave to eat a termite; I draw the line at insects when it comes to eating. :}

    ReplyDelete