11.21.2010

Chicky chicky boom boom....blah.

Boneless skinless chicken breasts are, in a word, mundane.
Boring. A snore.
Alas, sometimes they are the only thing that you thought to pull out of the freezer, thinking that you would come up with something fabulous to do with them.
I never do.
I do, however, always have cute little potatoes on the pantry.
Tonight I made crispy, spicy purple potatoes. I just tossed them with olive oil, aleppo chili flakes, garlic, salt, pepper, and a little smoked paprika and put them in a 425 degree oven for 20 minutes. The chicken was broiled, and before the last 5 minutes I brushed with with a mixture of plum sauce, ketchup (yup), red pepper flakes, and soy sauce. The veggies are just sauteed zucchini and orange bell pepper.
Not a total bust. Pretty tasty, if I do say so myself.
Tomorrow I'll be posting about my trip to Atlanta to see the Dali exhibit and Anthony Bourdain.
And then a word on the fans of the aforementioned people.

No comments:

Post a Comment