9.29.2010

my favorite vanilla cupcakes, and other things.

I have finally formulated the perfect vanilla cupcake. Well, perfect to me. Click on the picture and it will take you to my dessert blog where you'll find the recipe.
Things have been great around here, work is good, house is good, pets are good.
Our new kitten Salvador tested a slight positive (?) for feline leukemia at his first vet visit, the day after we brought him home. He can't be re-tested for another 6 weeks, but Dr. Dyson told us to look out for signs of general sickliness. He is anything but! He is healthy, rambunctious, and eats like a horse. It gives us high hopes. Apparently kittens can give a false positive result when they are young, as their mother can pass along antibodies. If he does in fact have it, he can become very ill, or live a long time until any symptoms arise, or his body can develop antibodies and he won't get sick. Here's hopin' for that last one.

We leave for Costa Rica in exactly a month! I'm so excited! I still have about 10 pounds that I'd like to lose before we go, so I've got to seriously start hitting the gym. Oh! I joined the gym by my work. I don't go enough. Lame.

I bought Ricky a Kindle as an "I love you and you're cute" gift, and so far he has downloaded 200 something books. Apparently any book written before 1923 is public domain, and therefor free. Pretty cool. Especially since all the books Ricky really wanted to read were classics anyway!

My birthday is next month, as is our 2 year anniversary!
2 years and we haven't killed each other.
Awwww ♥

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel any better BOTH of my cats were FIV positive and they lived 10+ years together! They were the best pets I ever had! That said I do hope your kitteh is healthy :)

    Angela Mursu

    ReplyDelete