9.12.2010

Ginger chicken and lavender cookies


Tonight for dinner I made ginger chicken and rice noodles. The chicken is simple, just onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, fresh ginger, carrots, chicken stock, soy sauce, and chicken. Just soak the rice stick noodles in hot water for about 10 minutes, then drain them and toss them with sesame oil, scallions, and cilantro.
Super simple, super tasty, 20 minute meal.
My favorite cookies, optimized!
My favorite cookie (to make & eat) is a simple vanilla bean cookie made with whole wheat flour. I thought that processing some lavender in with the sugar before adding it to the cookie dough would really add a nice, soft, floral element, and it worked beautifully. So this is now my favorite cookie! Lavender vanilla bean cookies. I only bake them for 9 minutes, so they stay soft in the center, which is the way a cookie should be, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment