9.07.2010

camera! passport! Yay me!

SO! A couple of weeks ago our camera broke. It was a sad day, but today everything is better. Our new camera is here! It's a Canon Powershot SD1400 IS and it's cute and little and black. I'm a fan.
Sooner or later I'll get around to uploading all the pictures I had to take with my phone while I was camera-less. Tonight I made dinner and actually got to photograph it.
Nothing fancy. Steak, zucchini & yellow squash, wilted spinach with sun dried tomatoes and green olives, and smashed red potatoes. The potatoes were awesome, instead of butter, I mashed them with a heaping spoonfull of very soft French cheese that I cannot for the life of me recall the name of. Hold on, I'll go check.
Port-Salut. It's delicious in smashed potatoes. Do it.
Ricky was hungry before dinner, so I made him this as a snack, hahaha. Bread, farmer's cheese, tomatoes, and pancetta.
Okay. So this was weird. I cut into this potato and this happened. WTF?! I was perfectly fine on the outside, and it was totally rotten and smelly on the inside. So weird. Blight?
Here's something to add to the list of weird crap that lives outside of my house. This giant praying mantis was just hanging out on the skeg of Ricky's kayak. I wonder if she was on this and not a plant because the skeg was pretty close to her color?
My passport got here today! Less than 4 weeks from the day I mailed everything out, I was impressed! Now everything for our trip to Costa Rica is taken care of (by me, a-thankyouverymuch) and I'm more excited than ever!
I will leave you with this awesome picture of my Maggiedoooo! Isn't she the sweetest!? Ah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment