7.12.2010

sweet things ♥

I've been a baking fiend.
Fiend.
World Cupcakes. Chocolate chip cupcakes with almond buttercream. Even though I made more of them orange, The Netherlands lost. Sad.
This, my dear friends, is a bowl of very well beaten egg whites. It's only a stiff peak if you can turn that bowl upside down. Bazinga.
Little berry tartlets with vanilla beam pastry cream and a clear glaze.
I thoroughly enjoy treats that fit in your hand this nicely.
Tennis ball cupcakes for Chantal's birthday! Spiced white cupcakes with honey buttercream.
My favorite one so far. My first clafoutis. Now, a traditional clafoutis recipe insists that you leave the pits in the cherries, as they will give the dessert a distinct, almond-y flavor. I did not want to leave the pits in my cherries, so I removed them (wow. such cherry blood carnage) and added a tablespoon of pure almond extract in place of the Kirsch in the recipe, since I couldn't find Kirsch anywhere anyway. It was amazing. I will have to try it the traditional way, of course, but this was a-ok to me.
It looks and sounds fancy, but it is so simple to make! I'll be posting this recipe soon at Ever So Sweet.

3 comments:

  1. Um, may I move in with you? ;D I'd better not...I've already gained a couple of pounds by looking at your photos. But, I really, really want those tarts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to eat all of those things.

    ReplyDelete