7.04.2010

Happy Independence Day!
OR:
Happy anniversary of the day Jeff Golblum used an Apple laptop to upload a Windows virus to the alien mothership, thus saving us all.
I'm not doing much tonight. Ricky has to work all night, so it's just me and the dogs. Speaking of the dogs, I'm also groggy and dizzy from my antibiotics.
What do antibiotics and my dogs have in common, you ask?
Oh I'll tell you.
Malo bit my face off, that's what.
Yup. Yesterday I was snuggling him like I always do, and I rubbed my nose on the top of his little Westie head, and without warning he turned around a took a bite out of my top lip. Malo has never been aggressive toward me, and when he's agitated with anyone you can always tell. He'll growl or snarl to let you know to back off. Not this time. Maybe he was just having a bad day?
Either way, I should have known better. "Anything with a mouth will bite you," as my mom always says.
Sorry about the blurry, strange phone picture. There it is, after several hours in the ER and three stitches. I'm going to look like Joaquin Phoenix.
On to happier subjects!
This afternoon Ashley let me leave work early to go get my Rx filled, my face was hurting. As soon as I got home I took one, and in all seriousness within 20 minutes I was out cold. Not cool. There's no way I can take these at work.
Anyway.
I woke up and realized that it was time to start dinner. We have to eat early if we want to eat together with Ricky working the schedule that he is.
I had no idea what to make, but this morning I had pulled out a pork tenderloin.
I ended up with roasted pork tenderloin with spaetzle, roasted asparagus, and salad.
The sauce on the pork is shallots, garlic, and bacon cooked in olive oil and butter, with chicken stock, marsala wine, and pepper. I let it reduce down and get thick, then added a little black truffle oil at the very end. Thanks for the awesome oil, Brittany Cooley. ♥
The salad dressing was a vinaigrette of olive oil, red wine vinegar, whole grain mustard, salt, and pepper.
The whole meal had a decidedly German feel, what with the mustard in the dressing, the spaetzle, and the flavors in the sauce reminiscent of traditional Germany Jäger sauce.
I'm going to try to feel better enough to go out and enjoy some July 4th Festivities. By doing laundry and watching Food Network. =)

1 comment:

  1. You made that meal while you were groggy on drugs?! You rock!

    I hope that bite will heal quickly and that Malo will get over his moodiness!

    ReplyDelete