2.24.2010

Candles, soap shaped like animals, pasta, Meyer lemons, regenerating crustaceans, curly hair, and Mexican food.

Okay. Lots of awesome things to cover.
My home currently smells like lovely Eucalyptus and Spearmint and Lemongrass and Cardamom by Bath and Body Works, as well as Sandalwood Vanilla by Slatkin and Co.
I also got some Lemongrass Cardamom lotion for myself. It's earthy and clean, and it moisturizes perfectly. I heart it.
Speaking of candles, at the Yankee Candle store the other day with Bethany, I found this little gem.
Isn't it precious? It's a votive holder... I love little bird things, and this looks so Pottery Barn to me.
Yesterday Angelina and I went to Grand Boulevard to shop at the glory that is J.Crew.
I got two new tops that I love. A great little ruffle tee and an open cardigan (size extra small, a-thankyou) and I can't wait to wear the set everywhere... mostly to J.Crew.

We also had a delicious lunch at Cactus Flower. I had the tortilla soup (spicy) and the mango shrimp. Go to Cactus Flower. Order the mango shrimp. Eat it. Be merry.
STAT.

We stopped by Luxe Apothetique and saw some adorable little soaps. Like this frog...
...and these little pigs, which are rose scented. Click the pigs to check out the Gianna Rose website.

I woke up this morning, feeling nothing like P Diddy, and had to deal with my fro.
Don't act like you're not impressed.
After a great day of work at Starbucks, I did some grocery shopping at Publix.
I got hoards of fabulous things. Like these fresh Stone Crab claws.
Did you know that Stone Crabs regenerate their claws? And that when they're harvested, only one claw is removed from each crab? That makes them a sustainable resource. Pretty cool, I say.
They also had Meyer Lemons.
This is the first time I've seen Meyer Lemons at a grocery store down here. Meyers have a less tart flavor than regular lemons. Here they are pictured in front of some regular lemons so you can see the difference in color. I can't wait to preserve some!
I made myself a delicious farfalle Florentine for dinner. Frozen chopped spinach, garlic, lardons, and Gorgonzola cream sauce. So simple and incredible fast. Just render your lardons, add the chopped fresh garlic, then the thawed spinach and cream. Stir in some crumbled Gorgonzola and let that melt, then toss with the strained pasta. It took all of 15 minutes.
I'm off to work out now... maybe twice. ;)

6 comments:

  1. What in the freakin' hell is a lardon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thick little pieces of bacon, silliness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do you know random information like that of the stone crab claws? You make me scratch my head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me smile.=)
    I watch a lot of Discovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy your off the wall style. It is too cute. Those frog soaps are adorable. I would love to make a frog silicone mold for myself.
    Thanks for making my day.
    Dawnaurora
    http://www.frenchhillcountry.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Dawn! I love your site! You are now in my link list! =)

    ReplyDelete