1.02.2010

Pizza and Babies

Bethany came over this afternoon! It was nice to have company, I've been so bored since Ricky left, and I really enjoy spending time Bethany and her baby boy.
I made homemade pizza for dinner. I picked up a ball of fresh dough at Publix, and used half for each pizza. I tossed some yellow cornmeal down before kneading and rolling them out, and that really made for a delicious crust. I made some fresh tomato sauce with Roma tomatoes, olive oil, red pepper flakes, fresh basil and oregano, and Italian seasoning. It's so easy and fast to make your own pasta or pizza sauce, it's beyond me why purchase the crap in the jar. Meh.
Toppings! On Bethany's pizza (in the back) there is prosciutto, onion, cremini mushrooms, and mozzarella. On mine I put olives, onion, mushrooms, chopped fresh tomatoes, lots of red pepper flakes, and goat cheese. This was probably the best pizza I've ever made, the tangy goat cheese and the spicy peppers... so good. Especially with a nice cold Tecate with lime.
Here is Maggie laying in my arm like a baby.
Here is a real baby, Braden Dean, having some tummy time.

And here is Maggie staring at said human baby from my lap. Sweetness.
Speaking of sweetness, today at Publix I picked up this glorious stuff. Goodbye, honey.

1 comment:

  1. I stole those pictures of Braden =) They made me happy. You make good pizza by the way. It made my belly happy.

    ReplyDelete