1.25.2010

Bon Lundi ♥

This past weekend was great. On Saturday I went to Destin to get my hair cut by the fabulous Amy at the Aveda salon in the commons. Team Poese came with, and we had a lot of fun strolling around, drinking coffee, eating sandwiches and jumping my effing car. Yeah, long story. Everything seems okay now though.
Sunday Angelina and I went to Starbucks and then decided that we wanted Sushi. We went to The Slippery Mermaid, a place that Angelina recommended. So. Good.
Fo' Reals.
I had the Merry Mermaid and the .... something Sunset. It was amazing. The Merry Mermaid is a roll that has shrimp and scallops, and then spicy tuna is wrapped around the rice and topped with a teeny blob of spicy mayo. And did I mention that there is just a tiny bit of bacon? Bacon.
I am awesome and thoughtful and did not bring my camera. I will next time. Because oh, there will be a next time.

Today was my first day of work at Starbucks. =)
It was fun, mostly paperwork and basic barista training type stuff. I'm off tomorrow and then work again Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
I worked today from 0730-1130. When I got home, I wanted to make something good for lunch, so I made a quick puttanesca sauce and threw that over some fresh pasta. The sauce is simple to make and it's made from ingredients that I always have on hand: Tomatoes, onion, garlic, Kalamata olives, capers, anchovies, and olive oil.


At around 6 this afternoon I headed over to Angelina's house for dinner. She made amazing (from scratch) chicken Alfredo over fettuccine, a gorgeous Caesar salad with fresh made croutons, and the queen mother of all desserts.
Apple Crisp. Amazing crunchy topping, complete with homemade whipped cream, as she had a cream charger. Where has this woman been my whole life?
I brought over some lavender-fleur de sel caramel sauce that I made the other day. I'll be posting the recipe for that, as well as the Lavender Chocolate Brownies that I made for Bethany at Ever So Sweet sometime very soon. I'm such a slacker.

And now for a a quick meet and greet with Angelina and her furry puppy kids.
This is Mika. She is a midget, but has no idea. She wants to be the alpha dog.
And here we have Bella. She's a sweet little babykins, at only 2 years old. Don't excite her. Trust me. She also has no concept of how large she is.
And this is Angelina. Doesn't she have a pretty smile?
It is now 2 am! We seem to lose track of time when we're hanging out, and then we get surprised, like, "HAS IT SERIOUSLY BEEN 7 HOURS?!"
It's funny. I'm going to bed.
Dog park tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment