10.29.2009

Γειά!

We had Greek (inspired) food for dinner tonight! I made a Greek-style caponata, orzo with oregano and feta, and grilled chicken marinated in lemon juice, garlic, lemon, and oregano.
My mise en place. Sorta. I love that Caribbean Blue that Le Creuset makes, don't you?
Here is my finished caponata. Eggplant (I use Japanese, less seeds) zucchini, tomatoes, squash, red onion, potatoes, and lots of garlic. All mixed together with a little olive oil, salt & pepper, fresh oregano, and tossed into a casserole on top of a bed of canned diced fire roasted tomatoes. Muir Glen is my favorite, but use whatever you have I suppose.
Everything on the plate! I served this all with nice crusty bread for sopping up the juices in the caponata. If you've never put feta in orzo, I insist that you try it, because it is blissful.
And blissful is good.
=)


No comments:

Post a Comment