7.11.2009

The Most Important Meal of the Day!

So I've been in the states for about 6 weeks now, and since leaving Germany I had just about kicked my coffee habit. Just about.

I finally caved and purchased a coffee maker. A Hamilton Beach 6 cup Brew Station, to be exact.

I'm happy with it! There isn't a pot to clean out, and anything that cuts down on my dish load is, in my opinion, a good thing. I bought some Starbucks Colombian coffee, and now I love my mornings even more!

I also bought creamer! I'm normally a black coffee with sugar kind of gal (just like my dad) but I saw this Coffee Mate Parisian Almond Cream coffee creamer... and seriously... you could call anything "almond cream" and I'd probably buy and consume it.

It is divine. I like the refrigerated liquid as opposed to that shelf stable powder stuff.

This morning, Ricky told me about 3 times how hungry he was. So, I made brunch. I made bacon, eggs, and the best French Toast I've ever made. I didn't get a picture, sadly, as he ate it that quickly! Here's the batter recipe.

4 eggs
2/3 cup skim milk
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/3 sugar
3/4 tsp. good vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Whisk it all together, and I used thick Texas toast. I got about 7 pieces out of this recipe. Garnish with confectioner's sugar and some good quality maple syrup and, if you're in the mood, fresh blueberries.

Ricky won't be hungry again until supper.

1 comment:

  1. yummy! That creamer is next on my list to try. Almond flavored anything will get me. I keep having to convince myself I need to finish the bottle I have open before I can buy a new one. :-) miss you!

    ReplyDelete