4.25.2009

Moving Announcements and Lemon Trees

So after a lot of looking, I've finally settled on these moving announcements. There were so many to choose from, but many sites won't ship to my APO address. Some great finds were hellolucky.com, thestationerystudio.com, and expressionery.com, all of which offer adorable digital and letterpress announcements. The cards I chose were at tinyprints.com... a little gem I discovered with the help of Google's "I'm feeling lucky" option. I ended up getting 25 announcements, envelopes, and return address labels for a little over $50.00. I'm pretty excited.

Another reason I'm looking forward to this move, on top of cute stationery, is the opportunity to plant things! Florida is in Zone 8 for gardening, which makes the possibilities nearly endless! I know that I want citrus trees, like key limes, Meyer lemons, and of course, oranges. Surlatable has some gorgeous little trees, but, of course, won't ship to Florida.

Speaking of Surlatable, I'm also in love with these bowls!

I love climbing plants, like jasmine and honeysuckle.. but I'm a little afraid to add such fragrant foliage with all of those bugs about...

The only downside is that everywhere I look, I hear that lavender doesn't do so well in that climate. I really had my heart set on yellow roses and French lavender in the front of my house... but ah well. I think I'll just go for something with a similar look, maybe some purple heather. Lavender would make my front porch a bee-fest anyway! I'll save the lavender for the inside, maybe it will feel better inside my climate controlled kitchen...

No comments:

Post a Comment