9.18.2011

Autumn=Soup


I don't care that it's not cold, or the slightest bit fall-feely. I love having a big pot of soup simmering away on the stove, filling the house with delicious savory smells.
This was dinner last night. Hot Italian chicken sausage, cannellini beans, yellow onion, celery, and kale, all simmered in unsalted chicken broth. I topped it off with shavings of Gruyere, which I thought complemented the kale pretty nicely. Nothing else really going on in it, just salt, pepper, olive oil, crushed red pepper, garlic, and fennel seed. You could certainly make this with pork sausage, but I figure why not cut the calories down, since I was going to eat a lot of it.
A lot.

1 comment:

  1. I desperately want to make chili, but I just can't bring myself to do it when it's still 95 degrees. Eating hot soup just feels so wrong with the air conditioning on. :-( I miss fall!

    ReplyDelete