4.26.2011

Cacio E Pepe and the mother of all sides.

I'm trying to get away from all chicken without a bone. We'll see how it goes. This was a pretty good example, however, of how keeping the meat on the bone helps it stay moist and tender.
Chicken leg quarters (leg and thigh still connected) that I seared in a cast iron skillet and then finished in the oven. I served it simply with a green salad and casarecci cacio e pepe. I eat so much spicy food, jalapenos are laughable to me, and I put chilis in so many dishes that I forgot about the punch that fresh cracked black pepper can pack. This pasta reminded me.

Pork, my best friend. Seared pork chops over creamy polenta topped with some delicious mushrooms cooked in garlic and cream. I also roasted some asparagus with olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
Pretty, no?

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Very pretty!! I can't wait until our asparagus beds are producing full-force.

    Sorry to hear that going back to work made you feel worse. :( Have you been trying to take it easy once you get home...besides cooking up a storm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you didn't eat pork??

    ReplyDelete