12.20.2010

typing with a kitten on your lap is hard.

By hard I mean it's GD near impossible.

Breaded veal cutlets with a little mustard-dill pan sauce, mashed red potatoes, and red kale cooked with apples and onions.
I love kale. My husband does not love kale.
I don't understand people who do not love kale.

Broiled chicken breasts (laaaaaazy!!!) with the most amazingly tasty baked pasta dish I've ever made.
For real.

Baked ziti with roasted cauliflower, parmigiano reggiano, mozzarella, and cream. I topped the whole thing with some panko tossed with a little Italian seasoning and baked it until the cheese was bubbly and the breadcrumbs were brown. Aside from roasting the cauliflower first, this was super easy to make. You should do it.

A few days ago at The Fresh Market (I love this place) in Destin I picked up a Buddha's Hand Fruit.
Why? I don't know. Because it makes me think of Predator? Because it was there? Because it smells like lemony jasminey wonderfulness?
All of the above, really. Now what do I do with this darn thing? There's no juice, so curd is out.
I know I know, it was my first idea too.
;)

1 comment:

  1. We are a total kale family! This coming summer we will grow three different kinds (red Russian, winterbor, and dinosaur)...yum, can't wait.

    I don't think I've ever seen a buddha's hand fruit; sounds like zest and room deodorizer are the two main uses for it. :}

    ReplyDelete